Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Sunshine, Spring Cleaning and Snoring!

 
 
Today started with bright blue skies.....fluffy clouds...and glorious sunshine.
Of course it was pretty chilly as well...but the beautiful bright day was worth being cold for!
I called in on my Recycled Teen next door as usual, and he was a little confused again.
I am glad his son is coming home today and can take over the reins.
 
 
 
One of our elderly ladies at church passed away last week...she was  98 and we hadn't seen her for many years.
Her funeral has been arranged for next week and I took Grandma today to order the flowers on behalf of the church members.
It was so cold in the florist, I take my hat off to those ladies working in that environment all day.
 
After that little errand was out of the way, we popped in to see our friend in the Dementia Home.
She was asleep and I was a little concerned as her bedside trolley was out of reach by the wall and had a container with used mouth swabs in it.
The last time I saw that situation was when Brown Owl died the following day.
Having called the daughter, it appears things are not that bad just yet....she has a chest infection and the glycerin swabs are because she isn't drinking so much and was getting cracked lips.
 
 
 
 
The rest of the day was spent doing housework....stripping beds, deep cleaning the bathroom, cleaning corners I had been ignoring for too long...it was rather like a spring clean, and with all the daffs and crocuses out maybe spring is not too far away...that's  a lovely thought
All the time I was busying myself, several birds were singing in the tree opposite our house.
It was so cheering to have their little songs keeping me going all afternoon!
It feels good to have so many jobs out of the way and I even fitted in a trip to town briefly!
I am looking forward to a sit down tonight!
 
 
As far as the Anti Snore pillow is concerned...well the jury is still out on that one!
There was SOME snoring...but not as much as usual...however I may have slept through some of it, or he may have not been in full flow when I woke up!
I will keep you posted!
 
Daily Blessing
Tuesday January 19, 2016
Today's Promise:
   And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yet another busy day! Your promise for today made me smile! Surely that is what hubby is doing when his head hits the pillow!! 'and whatever you do, do it heartily!!! Hope the pillow works.xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete