Thursday, 21 January 2016

Just Another Manic Thursday!

 
 
Today has been a very normal Thursday, so much so this blog will probably make rather boring reading!
It started off checking on my Recycled Teenager next door, then going to Mother and Toddlers.
We didn't have too many turn up today, maybe a dozen...but they don't make any less mess!
It was my turn to do the craft activity and I chose a really easy peasy no effort one...colouring in large cut out jungle animals.
They were 99p a pack of 12  from The Range and the tots loved them.
I lay the cut outs on the table and then placed a toy animal that matched the cut out next to it, then we looked at what was special ( giraffe had long legs and neck....elephant had trunk...tiger had stripes etc)
We spent some time looking at the toy animal and then looking at the crayons I had also laid out to see if they could work out which colour they needed.
They really enjoyed the interaction and it made a very simple activity educational and fun...with minimal preparation needed from me!
In fact getting the animals and books was a last minute idea just as I was setting up this morning.
 I also had a book on display with a page of animals and got them to see which ones they could point out and what noises they could make.
I really miss the Teens being small and the fun we used to have with simple activities!
 
 
I haven't got a picture of this, but this week I bought a wooden floor sweeper/cleaner from Aldi, £3.99
I used it for the first time at church and it was so much easier than the broom!
It picked up the dust that the broom would have left behind and the swivel head made the job so effortless...it was also about twice the width of the broom we usually use, so a lot more floor was covered in the same amount of time!
The fabric is washable too.
I will try and take a picture tomorrow...but if you have wooden floors and an Aldi nearby, I would take a look!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Once home there was  time for a cuppa and quick bite to eat, before heading next door and doing my usual cleaning.
My poor Recycled Teenager was very behind the times... he hadn't finished his dinner, so obviously hadn't cleared up, all of which took him the same amount of time to do as it did me to clean hoover the house from top to bottom!
Another indication he is not himself.
Last weeks fall and fire really is starting to take its toll I fear.
 
Once back home, it was a little bit of pottering, then getting a bolognaise in the oven ready for an early dinner.
Tonight is of course piano and footy for the Teens...its all go for the Taxi of mum!
 
Daily Blessing
Sunday January 24, 2016
Today's Verse:
   For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound 'manic' you just seem to glide through your days. Well done on the craft, often the most simple work out to be the best. It probably looked as though you had spent ages preparing it. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - the craft idea was inspired - we wouldn't of thought of putting the soft toys out (although we may "borrow" that idea!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they were Early Learning Centre plastic toys....used to belong to Teen Two...but any toys would do.

      Delete