Monday, 18 January 2016

How's That For Service!

 
Today started with me popping in to see my Recycled Teenager next door...and I was a bit worried as he hadn't kept to his usual routine.
No door open, no curtains drawn...plus a few other things that he would normally have done.
However I found him sitting in his chair, so was relieved about that.
As the day went on he seemed to get a bit more confused, and told me off for not having been in!!
His son is away over night so I am hoping we don't have any dramas, like this time last week!
I then popped in to see Recycled Teenager number two.
She wasn't feeling too good either, so decided not to come shopping with me.
Morrison's have their teeny Tete a Tete daffs in pots for 50p, so I treated myself to a couple.
Once they have passed their best I plant them in the garden and they come up year after year.
 
 
I also picked up a whole pile of Christmas goodies for 25p each.
 
 
 
I had planned to see my friend with the broken ankle after lunch...with the lasagne I made yesterday for their dinner.
I thought I would take some home made soup in as well for their lunch tomorrow.
Seeing as they had mentioned they had recently tried butternut squash and liked it, I made a pan of butternut squash and lentil soup...the current favourite in our household.
 
 
I had forgotten to pick up some garlic bread to go with the lasagne, so as they have an Aldi nearby, I popped in.
I saw this pillow....£4.49...and as hubby needs a new one...and does keep me awake from time to time...I thought...why not!
I did ask the cashier as I was paying if I could get a refund on my hubby if it didn't work!!!
I will let you know tomorrow!
I had a nice couple of hours with my friend, not least because I had plenty of cuddles with her seven month old granddaughter!
 
 
Hubby came home from work with this dear little cake from a Tawainese colleague....can't wait to see what it looks like and more importantly what it tastes like!
If cakes are always this small its no wonder they are a slender race!
 
 
Tonight was hair cut night for Hubby and Teen two.
I reckon this simple set of tools....which cost less than £20 some years ago, will have saved us a couple of thousand pounds already!
 
 
Last week...if you recall...we had a very expensive day...booking our holiday and then hubby having exhaust pipe problems with his car.
Well....when he took it to National Tyres to have it fixed the mechanic came back within a few minutes and said "job done...no charge!"
Seems it was just a clip needed replacing and he did it for free!
How's that for service!
That will certainly keep us going back!
 
 
 
Daily Blessing
Tuesday January 19, 2016
Today's Verse:
   ...at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! Doesn't sound good with your neighbour being confused, hopefully just a blip. Hope your friend enjoys the soup tomorrow. Well done on the car repair,always a nice surprise.xx

    ReplyDelete