Friday, 23 October 2015

Spaghetti and Marshmallows!

 
This morning was spent whizzing around various shops trying to get last minute prizes for the "shop" we have at Friday club.
The kids earn points throughout the term, which can then be exchanged for various items such as stationary, toys, puzzles etc.
It gets harder every time to find something within the budget that the kids will really want to "buy." Even when you consider the items are actually free, they still are a little too discerning at times, obviously not used to having items costing less than a pound!
I have been looking for sometime for a new veggie rack. I have been keeping my veg in a big plastic tub for the past couple of years...but its not been ideal, it makes the veg sweat and go mouldy if not used up in the week. But finding a simple tiered veg rack has, up until today, proved hard to track down!
When looking in The Range for some prizes for the boys ( always the hardest to buy for!) I saw this rack. It was just what I was looking for.
It said on the pack "assemble in 3 mins" I managed it in less than one! Brilliant!
As you can see, Crystal came to investigate the new item in her domain!
 
 
My next stop was Lidl's.
I was intrigued to see these new "sprays" they had in stock.
They come in various flavours, Oregano, chilli etc, I opted for garlic.
I am not altogether sure what one is supposed to use it for, but it looked fun so I thought I would give it a go.
 
 
They also had bottles of flavoured balsamic vinegar. Teen One really likes the bottle we bought at the Pumpkin Festival the other week, and this was a fraction of the cost, so I thought I may as well give it a go as well.
She had some on a tomato and mozzarella salad and said it was very tasty.
 
The rest of the afternoon was spent pottering doing some housework and making a turkey chilli for dinner. I haven't used turkey mince in a while and had forgotten how nice it is. Its much cheaper than beef mince and probably better for you.
 
 
 
 
We had an extra helper at Friday club tonight, a lovely Irish girl, she was so helpful and just slotted in with us. She and Teen One went to a Young Peoples evening afterwards.
They played the spaghetti and marshmallow challenge, which if you haven't tried it, is a lot of fun!
We did it many years ago one Christmas with all the family and have copied the idea many times since then.
The church ordered  a delivery of Domino's Pizza for supper! Now that's going to be a hard act to follow!
 

1 comment:

  1. Is the garlic spray like some form of oil to cook in - like fry light?

    ReplyDelete