Thursday, 2 July 2015

It's a Hat Trick!

 
 
I promise you this is not my usual sort of life....but today....for the third day running I had a smoothie!
Teen One and I had a hectic morning with Mother and Toddlers, and with only a short amount of time in between before we had to collect Teen Two for his final ear check up. So the Golden Arches it was for a quick lunch. I tried their strawberry and banana smoothie and it was just right on a humid and muggy day.
 
 
 
I thought you might like to see the activity prepared for the tots to do today. It was organised by a dear lady in her 80's, who is not in the best of health. She had hand drawn and cut out these little boats...including the tug! She had also painted the waves. As the children glued on the boats, she told them a little story about how they were in a race, it was so charming!
So on days when I feel worn out, I need to remember this dear soul who shows no signs of retiring from working for the Lord!
 
 
 
Teen Two's school is very close to a castle which is over 2000 years old. We stopped there briefly to fill in a bit of time before collecting him. It's one of those places we always take any visitors to as it has so much history and is in such pretty surroundings, being right on the shoreline.
 
 
 
 
 Last night I was looking for an activity to do with the Friday Club children, and what do you think I stumbled across.....something using 12 lolly sticks per child...any ideas what our story might be? So I have brought home from church where I store a lot of craft items, a carrier bag full and Teen One and I will prepare them ready for tomorrow. I shall show you how it turns out!
 
 




6 comments:

  1. yep, returning home to face Esau, with his big family. Top of the class PD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm?? I think it might becoming an addiction!! I'm setting you a challenge - Can you walk past a coffee shop without trying one of their delicious drinks? Could be that teen one is leading you astray of course. On serious note Enjoy! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - do you have shares in those coffee shops? Seriously it must be lovely to spend time with teen one - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete